It is generally observed that you would need to stay in hospital for 4 to 6 days with a cushion (wedge shaped) between your legs. To help you to go to the bathroom a drainage tube is going to be placed in your bladder. After a day of your surgery, physical therapy begins and within a few days you can walk with a cane or crutches. The session of physical therapy is going to continue a few days after the course of the surgery.
The activities to be avoided after a hip replacement surgery?
Somewhere in the time frame of 6 to 12 weeks after this surgery, twisting or pivoting of the ankle needs to be avoided at any cost. The involved leg should not be crossed in the midline of your body. In fact you should not go on to bend it past 90 degrees.
The physical therapist is going to guide you with proper techniques coupled with adaptive measures that does help you to confer with the above guidelines. Certain precautions need to be followed when you are undertaking daily activities. Just take note of the fact that if you are not following the instructions of your therapist chances of dislocation of the hip may arise and you may need another surgery.
After your hip has healed, it is still suggested to avoid any form of heavy activity. Normally the redesigned joint is dedicated for your daily day to day activities.
What needs to be done at home after this surgery?
A host of simple measures could be adopted at home, once you return back from this surgery. This is going to make your life easier and ensures timely healing of the hip.
- Do not climb the stairs on a regular basis. Restrict your activity of climbing so that all essential job is performed once or twice in a day
- To avoid any form of falls, keep away all the rugs and ensure that your home is free from any form of clutter
- Make it a point that you use an elevated toilet seat. This does ensure that you do not have to bend too much in the region of the hips
- Ensure that you sit in a firm position on your back chair. At no point you should use recliners.
- Keep away the over active pets away from you till you have healed completely
The expert opinion of a doctor is sought out before you plan to return to activities like sexual intercourse or exercise.
Medical tourism is one of the major industries in India. The total hip replacement surgery cost in India works out to be cheaper when you compare it to the rest of the world. But total hip replacement implant cost in India does not only mean, economical but it indicates the best in terms of facilities. Most of the doctors and medical staff are famous all over the world for their expertise along with skill sets.